Happy Tuesday fellow make-up junkies….Have any of you lovelies decided on what your pout might be doing for W-day?
A pretty pink gloss maybe? A slick of a sexy nude lip sheer?
Perhaps neither of the above take your fancy. Perhaps what you really want is something brighter, something BOLD.
And if you do then the talented Love Lust List member Jodie Hazlewood is demonstrating a few striking shades that might appeal and is also offering recommendations for alternative hues that suit a variety of skin tones.
If you are wondering who the luscious lipped model is then it’s our Lolly, and the very fancy “studio”? that’ll be the O’Shea kitchen… (just keeping it real people.)
1. Prep lips with a lip conditioner or balm. I recommend the Body Shop Lip Conditioner or Lucas Paw Paw treatment. Massage it into the lips with a cotton bud to give them a light exfoliation
2. Blot off any excess with a tissue
3. If you feel nervous about bright colours then try a sheer finish first. I love Kryolan Lipstick Kryolan LC334 which I used on Lauren – it’s a fab pink coral and the texture is easy to wear and apply.
4. I always use a lip brush for stronger colours. Always take your time applying bolder lipstick, tracing the outside of the lips first then filling in with the brush.
5. With sheer finishes I give them a quick blot with a tissue but you will have to re-apply this type of lipstick throughout the day.
6. When using more pigmented opaque lipsticks like the second colour we applied then I tend to apply a fine layer with a brush, blot back with a tissue and then repeat this 3 times. If it really needs to be long wearing then I use a single layer of tissue and press loose translucent powder over the tissue with a brush and then repeat twice.
7. Don’t be afraid to blend a couple of colours together to create your perfect shade like we did for Lauren, just use the back of your hand and mix together with your brush.
I love By Terry and Nars lipsticks for their strong pigments and brave colours and if you want to experiment with fun colours from less expensive brands then Collection 2000 and MUA are great.
If you are olive or warm skintoned I suggest warm corals and bricky orange reds are both flattering for your skintone. Laura Mercier Mistress is gorgeous and Revlon Colourburst in Coral is fab.
If you are cooler skin toned then go for blue based colours. Rouge d’Armani in 400 is fab on pale blondes as is Illamasqua Plunge – a fun pop art cool pink.
So, are any of you gorgeous lot going to boldly go?
Do let us know, and please share your lipstick favourites in the comments box below.
Big Bright Love