The lovely Erin from Berin Made has been a wedding stationer whose work we’ve championed for a really long time. Erin is really professional, super talented and consistently ahead of the curve when it comes to design, while always staying true to her signature style. When she told us she had a book coming out we knew it was going to be gorgeous and when Paper Parties arrived on our doorstep last week we weren’t disappointed, in fact we swooned, ohhhed and ahhhed.
Paper Parties is a beautiful book, filled with SO many fun projects, many of which would be ideal for your wedding day. The tutorials are all really easy to follow, each one has a photograph so you can see exactly what you’re trying to create and the templates come printed in the back of the book too. I haven’t been able to stop pouring over it and have a date at hobbycraft this weekend to pick up crafting supplies…
Here are five ideas taken from Paper Parties that will help you to create an incredible paper backdrop to your wedding aisle, top table or accent wall.
5 Ideas For Paper Backdrops That Wow
These are all really easy to make and have a huge wow factor, especially when colour co-ordinated or using on-trend metallics. They would work well for photo backdrops and little feature walls. The best thing is they last forever (apart from the balloons) so you can use them to decorate your home afterwards too.
– Giant Paper flowers – really effective when grouped together around chairs or again a wall.
– Doily garlands – just SO pretty and always look lovely in photographs, all white keeps them fresh and elegant.
– Tasseled balloons – who doesn’t love a balloon?!
– Mermaid scales – this idea is just such fun, and looks really effective too. If it’s too much for your wedding day, then this would be fab for a hen do dessert table backdrop.
– Post It notes – this is just SO simple, easy to do and inventive. What’s not to love?
For more ideas, you can buy Erin’s book Paper Parties here. And for a limited time only receive a signed copy, and pack of star boxes in her special new season patterns.
Also, Pavilion are currently running a competition to win a pair of free tickets to Erin’s West Elm workshops on the 3rd June, to learn how to make Giant Flowers, 3D Gems and You are a Gem cards. Head over to the Pavilion blog to enter now!