Wedding gifts can be tricky these days, with us all living together in our pre-marital bubble, there’s no need for the canteen of cutlery, or dinner service (though Le Creuset should definitely still be on your wishlist). So, we are here to help by nudging your guests in the direction of The List member Hartnack & Company. These beautiful, individually handcrafted and bespoke Wedding Albums, Keepsake Boxes and Wedding Guest Books of heirloom quality will fill you with joy as you’re looking back on your day in years to come.
We are sure you will agree that these Keepsake & Memory Boxes make the perfect gift to give and receive, so take a peek and drop those subtle hints to any guests looking to deviate from the gift list, or indeed ask for one out right. Don’t ask, don’t get!
Hartnack & Company: We are a small artisan bindery in rural Devon. Our specialty is in creating handmade, bespoke and personalised keepsake boxes, wedding albums and guest books, and each item is individually made just for its recipient. From the colours which can match your wedding styling right through to the personalisation using your wedding stationery.
Hartnack & Company was started in 2013 after trying to find our daughter’s LAMDA certificate in a messy room. Trying to find a special personalised binder to keep all the certificates in one place was almost impossible, so we made our own! It proved a hit so we made a few more, and eventually we were making bespoke memory boxes and leather albums.
We ship our one-off, bespoke items to couples all over the world, and we are incredibly proud of our “Handmade in England” ethos. They make the most wonderful wedding gifts, if the couple haven’t already fallen in love with the products themselves!
With all that there is to remember from the day, everything that has been printed, said and done, a couple need to have somewhere special to keep these memories. Our boxes make a wonderful wedding gift; collecting the memories isn’t the problem, but finding something special and personal to keep them in is not so easy. The bespoke boxes will be made to the right size and configuration to keep all of your keepsakes safe forever.
Itʼs an open book! Our wedding guest books can be made out of leather, faux leather or book cloth. All have a screw post binder with as many pages as youʼd like. If you canʼt decide, then we suggest our standard leather A4 landscape book. It feels defined, is easily personalised and the pages can be custom printed for you. If you supply us with your wedding stationery, we can even incorporate this on to the cover of your guest book for you.
We offer a complete service once we receive your wedding photos. We will arrange for you and then after sending you an electronic proof, we have the A3 sheets printed on beautiful 350gsm art paper. The finished sheets are then bound into a beautiful large single piece leather album made from top grain Italian veg tanned leather with your names or custom stationery stamped onto the cover. If you wish we can also make a custom clamshell box for your album to fit into. Both the box and the inner cover and binding can be made from a fabric colour that follows your wedding theme. Again, our Albums make the perfect gift for a couple. There is nothing better than having a beautiful album full of your wonderful wedding photographs, it truly is the best place to appreciate them.
Don’t forget to visit Hartnack & Company and the wealth of other talented industry professionals who have been handpicked for The List. All have the desire to assist you in creating the day you’ve been dreaming of, so what are you waiting for?
- Attention to detail is everything. A keepsake box can take from 8-10 hours to make.
- We use the same materials as the British Library because they are acid free and therefore archive safe.
- Up to half of what we make is exported around the world to Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, UAE and Europe. Most however, goes to the United States. We take a great deal of pride in the “Handmade in England” stamp on our products – Weʼd love too say Handmade in Devon, but if youʼre in Guangzhou, Los Angeles or a yacht in Antigua, then Devon could be anywhere!
- All of our products can be personalised and make wonderful wedding gifts.
- Hartnack & Company was born out of our own need for a specific product, so we’ve been in your shoes.
- We have a wealth of experience in creating beautiful products, so although we can go all out bespoke, if you need guidance in creating the perfect piece for you, we are always on hand.