Hello RMW lovelies… FOUR MONTHS TO GO AND I STILL HAVE SO MUCH TO DO! AHHHHH. Now that it’s April, I feel like I am in the final stages of wedding planning.
Stage 1: initial excitement and frenzied bookings of all our wonderful suppliers
Stage 2: a bit of a lull, do nothing but think about everything
Stage 3: revisiting suppliers, nailing down the specifics, DIY projects and ALL OF THE WORK…
I already know it’s all go, go, go from here, so I am hoping that I manage to find the balance between enjoying wedding planning and taking some time out to just be a normal person with a normal life.
I know everyone always raves about the benefits of Pinterest when planning a wedding, and I have found it amazingly helpful, however, my most favourite resource has definitely been Etsy. I have always been a fan, favouring buying birthday and Christmas gifts from there for the past few years rather than large high street stores, but since wedding planning it has been a total goldmine. I love the favourite function as, like Pinterest, it allows you to create a mood-board of things that you love and could potentially work into your day, based on these favourites, Etsy also gives you suggestions of other shops that you might like – and they are normally spot on! I also love dealing directly with the artists/shops as they are just so creative and passionate about their offerings. Here are my favourite purchases:
Whilst writing this post I looked back at my to-do list back in August to see how much (or how little of it) we have achieved… Since then I have decided on hair and make-up artists (and had my trials!) and have of course put down a deposit (and started the bespoke process) on my dress – woo hoo! We also registered our intention to marry and have the license to say we can legally do so (!!!) Our registrar was absolutely bananas and I think wanted to marry Scott maybe more than I do (she kept telling him he looked more like a “sexy George” than a Scott, ha), so these are all excellent steps towards marrying…
Of course there is still a million and one things for us to think about, not least deciding on our food & wine menus and the fun things like reception drinks and canapes…
Also as you will know if you read my post back in January, we have also sent out our invitations, which were received with such delight from our guests. We have also received all bar a small few back with RSVPs in the affirmative (wooooo!) On the return postcard, we asked our guests to tell us two songs they love to hear at a wedding which have already found their way to our wonder DJ pals to help them put together their eclectic and awesome play lists for the day – everyone has taken their song choices very seriously and it has been so much fun receiving them back.
Scott is still finalising his and his groomsmen’s outfits and one piece of advice I would give you here is don’t let your husband-to-be make you think that this is going to be an easy task! He has purchased, tried on and returned more outfits than I care to talk about and that takes time – so factor it into your planning! He probably has it slightly harder because he’s not going down the bespoke/tailored route, but still…it has definitely taken a lot longer than expected to get sorted.
So, as the ultimate fan of to-do lists (it’s the most satisfying thing in the world being able to score things off), here’s what’s remaining on ours:
- Scott to finalise his outfit, groomsmen outfits & Vinnie’s dapper attire
- DIY projects: confetti + confetti bags, place name “favours”, general room décor (please let’s not talk about how we haven’t even started this…)
- Decide on London bakery cakes (link back to cake table blog) to purchase for our cake table of joy (& sugar)
- Wedding party thank you gifts. I’m leaving Scott entirely to his own devices for the boys, our incredible mums I am pretty stuck on (any suggestions?) but for my lovely gals, I have been scheming and have come up with something that I think is perfect! I can’t wait to give it to them (hiyaaaa ladies!)
- Various dress fittings for my bespoke dress from Wilden Bridal.
- Decide on accessories – hair, jewellery and shoes.
- Hen & stag do’s! We’ve both left these completely to our respective guys and gals. I couldn’t be more excited for mine…one thing I have learnt though is that my friends will never be able to lie to me because they can’t keep a secret to save themselves HAHA.
- Finalise song choices & vows for ceremony and send back to the registrar.
- Buy Scott’s wedding ring (or get him inked, soz mums!)
- Visit Grace & Thorn our florist to discuss flower ideas, colours etc.
- Meet with the Londesborough to discuss & agree décor, timings, food & wine.
- Playlists for our drinks reception & for during dinner.
- Style our cake table, finalise décor, table plan & other various décor pieces.
- Stationery from Ellie(ellieday_illustration on instagram): evening invites, order of service, place cards & menus.
- Table plan (ha, that will be fun!) + finalise on the day headcount.
- Final balance payments (this will be the very, very worst $$$ but hopefully also the very, very best!)
PLEASE tell me if I am missing something obvious?! There still seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to tackle and do…all whilst living life. I have to be completely honest, since having a wobbly over the fact we have to pay for something that is already where we need it to be (oh hi there unnecessary wedding expenses that people always tell you about!), I have done nothing wedding related for about eight weeks now…after a super organised start, I rather think I might be a last minute bride after all. Uh oh.
Until next time my lovelies,