What do we look for when we are hand selecting suppliers for our directory, The Love Lust List? Well, there’s all sorts of elements, but we’re also looking for a feeling. That smile that creeps across your face when a wedding and all of its stunning details have been captured in a beautiful, natural and light filled way. That dreamy feeling when you see that a photographer has made their on the day presence completely disappear, and a couple are completely lost in each other, resulting in the most beautiful couple portraits. Emily Hannah Photography delivers her art in a spectacularly beautiful way, and in her own words, the images she captured are timeless. In twenty, thirty, or forty years, these photographers will feel as classic as they do today, and that is rather special in our humble opinion.
Hi! I’m Emily, I love taking photos of people in love, it’s my dream job and I’m so happy doing what I do! I specialise in documenting sweet moments with dreamy, artful and timeless photographs. Stylish and pretty storytelling of your day with a creative twist, I love happy couples that are planning something a little bit different!
I love that every wedding is unique, and I approach each day with a kaleidoscopic eye, capturing the brightness in the little moments, and most importantly, what makes your wedding day so you! I love to get to know each couple and help them to look and feel their most beautiful.
I have a huge love of nature and beautiful light, and like to incorporate that into my photography to create pretty, whimsical photos full of happiness and love. I have a super relaxed approach, no controlling and minimal posing. I want couples to have the best day ever, and have beautiful photos to look back on forever!
“Emily’s portfolio stood out straight away to us. As we’re both amateur photography enthusiasts, we were really picky and disliked a lot of the treatments put onto other photographer’s work; Emily’s photographs are all beautiful, natural and perfectly timed. On top of that, she is a top class lady with a brilliant personality and made even me feel at ease (with the help of some champagne!)”
Allyson & Dan
“Both Niall and I felt that Emily was the perfect photographer for our special day. We prefer photos which are more natural in style and she was able to do this effortlessly. I was so pleased that Emily was happy to take her cue from us around where we would like to have our photos taken as well as how long we would like to spend doing this. She was flexible and completely fitted in around us. She made us feel completely at ease and was not intrusive in any way. The photos are beautiful and we can’t recommend Emily highly enough!”
Niall & Jen
“We fell in love with the photos on Emily’s website before booking; the beautiful lighting and colours and the way she captures natural moments was perfect. When we met with her before the wedding she put us at ease immediately, she was so friendly and helpful and completely understand the informal feel we wanted for our wedding day. We couldn’t have asked for more on the wedding day itself; she was a lovely friendly presence who was happy to help with anything whilst still remaining unobtrusive. She worked really well in partnership with our videographer too. We are so thrilled with the photos, they are exactly are absolutely beautiful and such a fantastic reminder of our day. Emily captured all the little details and natural moments. We would highly recommend her!”
Suzi & Liam
Don’t forget to visit Emily Hannah Photography and the wealth of other talented industry professionals who have been handpicked for The Love Lust List. All have the desire to assist you in creating the day you’ve been dreaming of, so what are you waiting for?
- I love going on adventures, I plan visiting somewhere epic every week! I’m so lucky where I live, we have the Northumberland coastline, Yorkshire Dales, the Lake District and Scottish borders all within an easy road trip.
- I heart movies! They really inspire me. For work inspiration my go to directors are Wes Anderson and Sofia Coppola, and for movie nights I love all the 80’s and 90’s classics, as well as anything by Baz Luhrmann or Studio Ghibli!
- I love to travel, I got engaged amongst the cherry blossom in Tokyo and honeymooned in Hawaii and Iceland. I have a huge list of where I want to go to next and I’m hoping to photograph some epic weddings along the way.
- When I’m not taking photos, I’m editing them! I love that when I edit I also get to watch all of my favourite TV shows, this is also usually accompanied by lots of pizza.
- I live with my husband Joe, our puppy and two cats, I love our animal family! We recently bought a house and are currently spending our free time making it into our dream home.
- My husband and I are obsessed with space programs, sci fi movies and star gazing. Seeing the Northern Lights was a huge bucket list tick!