How many people do you know who would consider themselves completely comfortable in front of the camera? Not many? Me neither. Capturing the joy of a wedding day is a dream, but making your couple and their nearest and dearest feel comfortable, and confident is a real skill. What struck me most about Emily Tyler’s Photography was just what an incredible time was being had in each and every photograph. There wasn’t just evidence of loved ones feeling comfortable; this was being entirely relaxed, throwing their heads back and completely uninhibited laughter. To put it simply, Emily put a whopping great smile on my face.
The overwhelming joy of love; that’s what it’s all about for me. Uninhibited belly laughs, the details, that second you realise that together you’re complete – you know the one…
I’m documentary wedding photographer and absolutely love it. My couples want more from their images. They want photos that are full of soul, photos that make them feel alive. And that’s what I give them – relaxed wedding photography to see it back as they remember it.
I currently live in the Suffolk countryside but work all over the south east of England and further afield too – I’ve been lucky enough to cover weddings all over the country. I’m asked time after time by guests if I’m a friend of the bride and groom doing the photography, which I think is testament to how I’ll fit right in to your party… we’re gonna have a blast.
“We absolutely love our photos and the beautiful feelings and memories they evoke! Emily made us feel at ease, and her genuine, caring personality shone through. You can’t help but be won over by Emily, she has creativity and passion by the bucket load and an infectious fun nature.”
Jo & Sarah
“We are absolutely thrilled with the moments and memories that Emily captured on our big day in August. We wanted relaxed, informal, with minimal posing and that is Emily – she is excellent at spotting moments and shots that really capture the mood of the day or the moment. I have always hated having my photograph taken and I think Emily may have changed that for me……I can’t stop looking at photos of myself now!”
Danni & Krish
“Emily’s work is relaxed, unique and unobtrusive so we couldn’t be happier. She is so professional and discreet, there’s no hanging around for the photographer to get the right shot or getting in the way. Our couples pictures were so fun and is actually one of the only times we as newlyweds spent together alone. Our only regret is not having her longer…just hire her, you won’t be disappointed!”
Hannah & Brad
Don’t forget to visit Emily Tyler Photography and the wealth of other talented industry professionals who have been handpicked for The Love Lust List. All have the desire to assist you in creating the day you’ve been dreaming of, so what are you waiting for?
- Films by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Wes Anderson are my fave. It’s all about the colours and the symmetry! John Hughes movies are also bloomin’ amazing as far as I’m concerned.
- I got married in the autumn of 2014 and I’m still pinching myself about how incredible it was. Now Rich and I have a daughter, Astrid. She’s pretty rad.
- I prefer vinyl. In our house, we play The Smiths, Hot Chip and Bowie over and over, dancing like we’re mad with absolutely no shame.
- For me, super-early morning walks are the ultimate relaxing pastime. The quiet and calm of everyone still being asleep is everything.
- You’ll find me wearing lipstick most days, y’know, just because. Bright red or bright pink are my colours of choice.
- I’m fascinated by the moon and the stars; I’m going to take an astronomy course when I can just find 5 minutes…