The Love Lust List is filled with incredibly talented photographers, venues which create the perfect wedding backdrop, boutiques in which you can find the dress and skilled stationers creating the beautiful initial glimpse into your wedding day. What it doesn’t have many of though, is patissiers and chocolatiers. When I discovered Lucie Bennett I immediately had to share her stunning work with the rest of the team, and it is safe to say we all reacted in exactly the same way. Let’s just say, heart eyes!!! The specialist skills and techniques behind the incredible creations of Lucie’s are seriously impressive, and for those of you thinking about a dessert table, or bespoke foodie favours, I’m fairly sure you’re about to fall in love.
Hey 😉 my name is Lucie, I live in Henfield, West Sussex not far from Brighton. My kitchen in based down at my family home, its surrounded by the farm which has amazing views of the beautiful South Downs. We currently have a mixed crew of Dogs, Pigs, Chickens and Guinea Fowl who roam free.
So here is a bit about me, my training and experience.
I am a professionally trained Patissier and Chocolatier and have over 12 years experience in the industry… I actually can’t believe time has flown by so quick. I started my career and training at Westminster Kingsway College, London on a two year Patisserie scholarship studying classical french patisserie. I have had a varied background working in hotels, restaurants and eventually landing a job with one of the UK’s leading Chocolatier and Patissiers, William Curley. Working there, I was able to develop my skills in the kitchen and learn lots of specialist techniques. A combination of a solid education and work experience has been invaluable to my understanding of my craft and allows me to create cakes and desserts that taste as good as they look. I have an uncontrollable amount of passion and drive for what I do. I truly love my job. My background in art and design has allowed me to make my imagination become a reality, I am able to push the boundaries of what is possible. I draw lots of inspiration from my rural location and adore all things wild and wonderful.
In 2012 I started out on my own and it has been an amazing journey so far. I am loving having creative freedom, I have been able to develop my unique style and just flow with it. I have recently re-branded as I decided to focus on wedding cakes and dessert tables. Over the past four years I have worked on many great foodie projects, some have been relatively normal where as some have tripped into the next realm of design. One of the recent projects I had was to create a life sized cocoa tree complete with a lake of liquid salted caramel at the base, this was paired with an indulgent chocolate dessert and exhibited at the Tate Britain. This summer I had the opportunity to work with an amazingly creative bride who asked me to design a magical mystical chocolate shard mountain cake complete with chocolate trees, bears, wolves and deer for her woodland themed wedding. It is my favourite wedding cake so far and I am super proud of it.
My other passion is gardening so in the summer I incorporate home grown vegetables, herbs and edible flowers into my designs. I’m passionate about the environment so I will incorporate local and organic ingredients where possible. I absolutely love to work with forward thinking innovative bride and grooms, so if you are looking for to have a cake, dessert table or wedding favours which are bespoke and unique please get in contact.
“Lucie designed and produced our wedding cake and patisseries. They were creative, looked amazing and tasted wonderful, using seasonal ingredients with subtle, unique flavour combinations. Lucie’s great fun, collaborative, professional, meticulous and a pleasure to work with. We have since asked for special birthday cakes and, again, still utterly impressed.”
Sohail and Ava Nassiri
“Lucie is one of the most exciting pastry chefs to emerge from the baking revival over the last few years. She combines classical training with a modern, fresh approach and wonderful homegrown produce. A true original – we were proud to select her as a YBF in 2015.”
Lily Jones, Founder of The YBF (The Young British Foodie) Awards & Lily Vanilli Bakery
“Lucie’s artistic creativity was apparent from when she first began her apprenticeship in my business. Over the years she has evolved and diversified her skills, embracing all areas of the Patissiers craft. I am thrilled to see her successfully set up her own business and create her own unique style within it.”
William Curley, Patissier & Chocolatier
Don’t forget to visit Lucie Bennett Patissier & Chocolatier and the wealth of other talented industry professionals who have been handpicked for The Love Lust List. All have the desire to assist you in creating the day you’ve been dreaming of, so what are you waiting for?
- One of my favourite local producers is Blueberry Bob 🙂 He grows the most amazing organic blueberries just a few miles away from the kitchen. I love using them in my cakes and desserts they really are wonderful plus he couldn’t have a better name.
- Growing up we have always had animals. I have always had a soft spot for chicken, currently I have a dozen hybrid hens down at HQ. I use the eggs when cooking, there is nothing better then seeing them roam free around the garden. Their eggs are amazing.
- I religiously read National Geographic Magazines, I have so many theres a leaning tower of pisa growing in my living room…I refuse to get rid of the fountain of knowledge.
- I love history, I am fascinated by many areas but in particular architecture and food. I love to visit historical places when I can, I find it very inspiring to see the level of craftsmanship used to create buildings from the past.
- To get me moving and grooving in the kitchen I need good tunes to bake too. I am always searching for new artist to listen to and enjoy many genres of music. Live music is the ultimate so I enjoy getting out and about to watch it.
- I’m older then I look! Its a common misconception…so how old am I…well a lady never reveals her age!