If you’re looking for the perfect personalised wedding gifts you’re going to need to stop by our approved supplier My Icon Story. These design-led, storytelling prints are a fantastic present with the sentiment you can’t find off the shelf.
My Icon Story fits in with the RMW family with its quality, ingenuity and passion by which we are inspired. We support individuality from our brides, grooms, bridesmaids, readers and suppliers from our handpicked supplier directory, The List, so we are absolutely delighted to introduce you to such a unique brand.
I crafted a successful career in advertising and won my agency numerous industry awards for my creative campaign ideas for big brands like Netflix, Evian and Public Health England. After 6 years I was granted a sabbatical and decided to take the leap and travel solo for the first time. On my trip I went to Tokyo and Hakuba in Japan, island hopping around the Philippines, a stint in Borneo climbing mountains and visiting an Orangutan sanctuary and coming home via Kuala Lumpur. An experience that will always be one of my most treasured.
My Icon Story was born out of a personal desire to capture my sabbatical in a single piece of wall art.
After 3 weeks of travelling solo, I came home with nothing but matcha green tea Kit Kat wrappers, some organic coffee and a camera roll of scenery shots and travel selfies!
I wanted something meaningful and arty as a reminder of my epic adventure and experiences but after many Google searches, I couldn’t find a travel product or art print that could capture my personal memories in a chronological way.
So I designed icons to represent each of the destinations and experiences of my trip and created my own travel icon print. It was from this moment I realised I had come up with a super simple but brilliant idea – capture and tell people’s personal stories, memories, experiences and more through simple icon art prints.
I have completely self-funded the business and am now looking to grow the business in a number of cool and interesting ways through brand collaborations and new product developments. The Wedding market is of great interest to me and My Icon Story as so many couples build memories and tell the story of their relationship through experiences, travel and destinations. Where you met, first date, first holiday, engagement, first home, wedding venue, honeymoon and more – you can tell the story of your relationship through a bespoke My Icon Story print.
My Icon Story is also launching a new bespoke wedding stationery design service. With so many couples choosing to theme their tables and centrepieces around their travels, or simply all the places that hold special meaning, My Icon Story can truly bring the story of your relationship to life. From Save The Dates, Wedding Invites, Table Plan, Place Names and more, the special design service is a stylish and personalised way to incorporate your special icons.
“I’m looking forward to receiving this sentimental anniversary gift for my husband. It will be a fun and artsy reminder of the path our relationship has travelled.”
“It brought my wife to tears with all the memories of our past she thought I had forgotten”
“The ability to make such a stylish piece of art so individual is what makes this a stand out gift for others and yourself.”
“What a fantastic product and concept! This was a Christmas gift that was very personal MyIconStory nailed it! If you want a memorable gift then this will deliver!”
“My Icon Story really caught my eye when I saw a feature about it in the Metro. It really helped me find a unique present for my wife and our print hangs proudly in our hallway!”
Don’t forget to visit My Icon Story and the wealth of other talented industry professionals who have been handpicked for The List. All have the desire to assist you in creating the day you’ve been dreaming of, so what are you waiting for?
- I created a bespoke My Icon Story print for none other than the wonderful Olly Murs!! Some of the icons featured included a headset (he used to work in a call centre), a Deal or No Deal box (he only won £10 when he competed on the show), the X Factor logo and The Voice Chair. When Olly received the print he tweeted a fantastic video telling the story behind each icon. I’ve since asked him if he will perform at my wedding…a girl can dream!
- I’m a huge cocktail fanatic and my absolute favourite is a classic Cosmopolitan. You’ll find I have added quite a few cocktails and alcohol themed icons to the website!
- My Icon Story has signed its first commercial deal with Transport For London! What does this mean? Customers can now choose to include any London Underground station as one of their icons – perfect for Londoners, visitors and tourists because in the words of TFL, “Every Journey Matters”
- When I was younger I had my heart set on becoming a Blue Peter presenter “…here’s one I made earlier”. Although this dream never materialised, I was recently invited to be a guest on The Startup Van – a live video interview series that shines a light on cool and interesting start-ups. Technically, I’ve made my TV debut…kind of!
- I’ve got three tattoos. The one on my wrist is an icon symbol I found online that supposedly means ‘discover’ – after showing my Dad and boyfriend, they both laughed and thought it looked like a bald man with glasses…I adapted it a month later. The second is behind my ear and is the icon I designed for The Shard and represents my Shard inspired jewellery collection. The third is on my ribs and says “evolve every day” and was a phrase I saw on the side of a boat whilst island hopping around the Philippines during my Sabbatical. I refer to this saying every time I need a little morale boost and positive thinking.
- Starting My Icon Story has brought me closer to my Mum who has a background in retail and Brand Licensing. We now work together and she has been monumental in introducing me to some amazing people and brands and I’m thrilled she has taken on the role of My Icon Story’s Head of Licensing and Retail. A mother-daughter led business = business success!
My Icon Story
t: 07817 393261
You can find My Icon Story in the Favours & Gifts category of The List.