There’s something really, really special about a paper studio that is entirely responsible for your finished product. All of the calligraphy, each foil detail and every single envelope lined, all are created by The Golden Letter (mostly in their self titled ‘Cavern of Goodies’) to ensure your wedding stationery is what dreams are made of. Zoe’s business was created, like many, following her own gorgeous wedding, and she’s sharing her story today. Be prepared to NEED metallics in your stationery…
The Golden Letter is a luxury paper studio who specialise in calligraphy and tactile wedding and event stationery.
We combine personalised calligraphy with modern stationery design – all of which is hand written, designed, printed and finished by us. Everything except our digital printing is done in house. Calligraphy, foiling, metallic elements, hand finishing, assembly, lining envelopes, matching place cards –if we’re creating it for you, it is made by us. We love unexpected detail, unusual textures, bright colours, sourcing the perfect item to bring it all together. We have a lifetime love affair with paper and we love to share that with our clients.
Like many wedding based businesses, the final seed was sown at my own wedding. I had been practicing calligraphy for several years and my own personal love of paper and typography and design led to me creating everything for our wedding. I had such amazing feedback that it gave me the confidence to create the business that I had been dreaming of for years.
I have a huge love for analogue and old fashioned printing methods. Hot foil is our speciality, and I do this all myself, by hand. There are not many things I enjoy as much as being in the studio and creating stationery the old-fashioned way. We also do digital foiling which is a little easier on the budget but just as striking. We work with our clients to find the best printing methods and results for their budgets. Our semi-customised ranges mean that you can have that bespoke invitation without the fully bespoke price tag.
“Zoe took the time to listen to what I wanted and from the first draft I knew had understood me perfectly. The turn around time was very quick and communication as well as the finished product was faultless.”
“Zoe at The Golden Letter has been AMAZING! She completed all our invitations and RSVPs within 2 weeks of initial contact (as she was going away for a while) and then did our additional information sheets whilst she was away. She dealt with constant emails from me asking to change things, never saying no to anything.”
Don’t forget to visit The Golden Letter and the wealth of other talented industry professionals who have been handpicked for The Love Lust List. All have the desire to assist you in creating the day you’ve been dreaming of, so what are you waiting for?
- My work time is split between our home studio/dining room/’Cavern of Goodies’ and our east London shared studio space, which is where we make the magic happen.
- I LOVE to experiment. If you can dream it, I can’t think of anything more exciting than making it. Dip dye, painted edges, hand deckled? Challenge accepted!
- I’m left handed –and in fact come from a whole family of lefties.
- I’m a self-taught designer and have been studying design, typography, calligraphy, and all things paper for over ten years.
- I’m a sucker for quality control, so try to do everything I can in house, and by hand. It’s meant learning some peculiar skills, but can guarantee that everything is done the way I want it done, short of making the paper myself (but let’s not rule that out just yet!!).
- My stationery obsession runs to accessories too, my collection of pens, scissors, notebooks, staplers, washi tape and rulers is fully out of hand (see ‘Cavern of Goodies’ above!)