Let's be honest - we all love a little scroll/stalk and it's especially hard not to go overboard when you're planning a wedding and there's SO MUCH PRETTY out there. Minutes can easily turn to hours. Before you know it, you've pinned an entirely different wedding to the one you're actually planning... But fear not, we're here to help you turn social media time into wedding planning time, with 10 easy steps. Read on for our guide on how to plan your dream wedding using social media...
1. FOLLOW ROCK MY WEDDINGFollow Rock My Wedding on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter for daily inspiration from the UK's most stylish wedding platform.
2. FIND YOUR STYLEFollow wedding accounts that appeal to your style. There are LOTS of platforms out there - following too many can become overwhelming. Stick to the ones that you find inspiring but relatable.
3. HASHTAGSBrowse and follow hashtags to fine tune the details for your big day #blushpinkbridesmaidsdresses #ginbar #weddingfavours #somethingblue - you get the idea.
4. FACEBOOKThink you’re too cool for Facebook? Think again. The ‘ask for recommendations’ feature is great, especially when it comes to finding suppliers like bands or caterers where personal testimonials count for everything.
5. PINTERESTCreate a separate Pinterest board for each area of your wedding (i.e. flowers, dresses, stationery). Doing this makes it easier to share your vision with suppliers and helps keep your ideas in order. Creating private boards unless you’re happy for Joan in the office to steal all your ideas ;) And finally when saving pictures, make sure you say what you like about them, is it the flowers, the table runner, or the hanging basket in the corner? Trust us after you’ve pinned a few (ok a lot) you’ll may forget why you liked it in the first place....
6. MAINTAINING YOUR STYLEBe ruthless with Pinterest. Initially it’s great to have lots of boards filled with inspiration. But narrowing these down and finding your real wedding style is essential. See point one ;)
7. SUPPLIER SEARCHDoing your homework on suppliers is really important, social media allows you to fully vet them and find someone who is honest, open and hardworking. You can find RMW recommended suppliers using #RMWthelist or visit rockmywedding.co.uk/thelist.
8. CONTACTING SUPPLIERSReach out to suppliers - social media gives you direct contact with suppliers instantly. Ask them questions, follow them behind the scenes and watch how creative they can be.
9. GET SHARINGHaving a shared Pinterest board, Facebook group or just tagging friends, family and your partner in things on Instagram helps keep everyone in the loop.
10. CREATE A HASHTAGCreate a wedding hashtag to get guests excited about the big day by following your planning journey.
Venue : Nancarrow Farm