“We wanted to thank you for playing at our wedding on 4th May at Babington House - you guys were amazing! Without doubt, choosing you to play at our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. You delighted our guests with happy, feel good music perfect for the occasion. Starting with 'Higher and Higher' in the church, you personally gave us a memory that will last a lifetime. And pretty much every guest we talked to after the wedding - every one of them - mentioned The Travelling Hands as being one of the stand out moments. Thank you so much for adding such a great atmosphere to our wedding reception.” Matthew, Groom, May 2017
“Thank you for helping to make our wedding so memorable. You guys were just perfect! SO many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the band - so thank you again for being so easy-going, organised, communicative, friendly and accommodating.” Emedien, Bride, April 2017
“In summary, from start to finish the band were exceptional. Tom as the lead point of contact for the band was superb and we couldn't have asked for more help in terms of answering questions and supporting our every need. On the day they arrived early and integrated brilliantly into the vibe we were trying to create for the wedding. In terms of sound, songs played and atmosphere, we couldn't have asked for better. Thank you for helping to make our woodland wedding an amazing day - we would quite happily recommend them many times over to anyone who needs a band for their wedding!” Vicky & Matt, Bride & Groom, September 2017
- We recently played a personal performance of 'Eye Of The Tiger' to Tyson Fury at a wedding celebration in Claridge’s – He was a total gentlemen and thankfully nobody got knocked out.
- This summer we performed for some of the Google team in London. We thought this would be a great event from which to source a nice quote from a high profile client. We were having too much of a good time to remember this as the night went on however and the best quote we can recall was “Lads, do you know where the toilets are?” – Google.
- In August 2017, we performed for an amazing couple at their wedding in Siena, Italy. They were incredibly generous, made sure we really felt like part of the wedding party, and at one point the bride even held our heads underneath the beer taps to ’top us up'…..Needless to say our memory of the evening is a little hazy but we’ve been rebooked by some of the other wedding guests since, so we’re pretty sure that everyone had a good time! ;)
- At a wedding in 2016, a power cut once hit a wedding venue during the first dance which powered down the DJ’s system mid song. After a quick rush for our instruments, we stepped in to keep the guests entertained and played two songs lit only by mobile lights and a few lighters (including playing Bruce Springsteen’s 'Dancing In The Dark’ for good measure).
- Every year, we take an important night off when the full Travelling Hands team all get together as a band and watch ‘This is Spinal Tap’. Takeaway, beers, good mates & a classic film – perfect! “But this one goes to 11.”
- We performed in Geneva in 2017 both at Chillon Castle and on a boat over Lake Geneva too. It was a particularly rough windy day and trying to stand up with our instruments has never been so tough. Thankfully we all managed it…..extra points for our double bassist Tom for not going overboard!
The Travelling Hands
t: 07805 374271
You can find The Travelling Hands in our West London Entertainment category of The List.