When it comes to flowers for your wedding day, we think that more is most definitely more. There are so many ways to incorporate blooms into your wedding day, from the obvious things like yours and your bridesmaids bouquets, to the more unusual ideas like garlands and large scale arrangements.
Here are five of our favourite ways to bring an abundance of blooms to your big day…
Flowers For Your Venue
1. If your venue has beautiful spaces you can personalise, then make the most of them! Fireplaces adorned with flowers and candles always looks heavenly and are a cosy space for guests to gather around. Ask your florist to dress the fireplace with lots of seasonal foliage and unstructured blooms to create a natural looking arrangement.
2. For spring and summer weddings, you’ll want to make the most of the outdoor space, a stunning moon gate (or arbour) is the perfect option. Not only does this look beautiful – but it’s a multi tasker too. Use it as your ceremony backdrop, then as a photo booth backdrop and for the evening, it can sit behind the top table as a gorgeous backdrop to dinner!
3. Giant balloons are going nowhere when it comes to wedding styling – they are such a good way to add a touch of whimsy to proceedings and also height. If your venue has high ceilings then do consider a balloon on each table to create drama as you enter the room. Plus they make lovely props for your group shots. Use pretty trailing flowers and foliage to add detail to the balloon string – and there you have it. More gorgeous blooms for your wedding day.
Florals For Your Bridesmaids
4. While your bouquet needs to be the star of the show, it’s important that your girls carry beautiful blooms too. This is the perfect opportunity to really bring your scheme together with the palette of your girls dresses and the shades of your blooms. We love Coast bridesmaids dresses as each season they have a great range of classic shades, plus a couple of more trend driven colours. There is always something stunning that will coordinate with your decor, while also keeping your best friends happy. Plus this seasons Coast dresses have a floral/botanical edge. Janie has the most incredible floral cut out detail on the bodice, while the Neive dress has a stunning embroidered floral overlay. Your girls can mirror your blooms in a subtle, but cohesive way.
5. Do consider fresh flowers for their hair too, there really is nothing prettier and they can give more formal hairstyles a lovely bohemian edge. Choose blooms that are hardy (or just coming out of bud) and are happy being out of water. Ask your florist to wire them to hair grips or bands to make them easy to secure. You don’t have to have a full crown, a simple circlet or even just a trio of blooms pinned together looks beautiful.
There are so many gorgeous ways to use florals for your wedding, allowing you to create a really stylish, cohesive palette for your big day. It has never been easier to make sure your bridesmaids dresses compliment your decor too – you can see the full collection from Coast on their website or right here on Rock My Wedding. This is a sponsored post, but we only ever work with brands we know you’ll love.