Finding your wedding venue, for most brides, is number one on the wedmin checklist. But there are many things to consider when picking your venue, including what type of celebration you'd like, how many days you'd like it over (yup, wedding weekends are on the rise people), and will your theme complement your venues interior/exterior. The struggles are real! So we've asked RMW recommended supplier Holkham to share their words of wisdom. It helps that their venue is pretty special too and can cater for all types of wedding celebrations.
HolkhamMulti-purpose wedding venues are the dream location for your nuptials, you can effortlessly glide from marriage ceremony to drinks reception followed by dinner, all in different unique spaces. Holkham, perhaps best known for its Palladian House and the stunning Marble Hall within it also has the more modern Lady Elizabeth Wing, a sleek venue space that can act as a blank canvas. We also love the beautiful walled gardens for marquees and the ethereal Temple is perfect for more intimate ceremonies. Each space has its own look and feel, and each space will make you and your guests feel at ease.
Choosing A Wedding Theme To Complement Your Venue
The question is, do you go for one theme throughout the weekend or lots of different ones? And how do you create a look that is perfect for the space you’ve chosen?
- Start by deciding on what type of atmosphere you'd like to create - formal, informal, romantic, traditional, unconventional? Then you can work with the surroundings you have and think about the type of celebration you're having.
- For an intimate pre-wedding dinner with close friends and family, you probably want to seek out your venue’s smallest dining space to create an informal cosy atmosphere.
- If a rustic setting is your ideal location then you may need to consider a bohemian theme rather than a modern, sleek look. Rustic doesn’t mean you can’t have romance, adding tea lights and storm lanterns create a dreamy atmosphere, as can your choice of wedding flower.
- You don’t need a three-course meal for each celebration. Nowadays people are opting for more casual dishes, pizzas, hamburgers or just finger food would work for an informal celebration. Not to mention serving cocktails out of vintage drinks dispensers or having a pimp your prosecco bar.
- Consider adding colour to your venue, be if bright and bold or soft and muted, they will automatically change the venue's vibe.
- Take advantage of your venue's location. Holkham is a stone's throw away from the sea, which could be the perfect inspiration for a coastal themed wedding, be that the creatures within, buckets and spades or the gorgeous coral and blue colours found there.
- The shape of the tables you choose can also set the tone for a wedding. Round tables give off a more traditional and formal feel, while long tables conjure images of relaxed family meals and sharing platters.
- Some venues, like Holkham’s Marble Hall, already scream glamour and sophistication and will need little decor, if any, to make an impact. Think champagne saucers served on gold platters by waiters in bow ties and you have the perfect vintage vibes.
Holkham's timeless elegance, modern beauty and rural setting will ensure you and your guests will have a wedding day to remember. Whatever your theme, be that roaring 20s, vibrant coastal or romantic bohemian, and however long you stay, you're in safe hands with Holkham. This is a sponsored post, but we only ever work with brands we know you’ll love. Holkham is a member of our handpicked supplier directory, The List.