This is it: the moment you've been waiting for. You're about to walk down the aisle for your grand entrance, and the music begins... Whichever song you choose, it's going to set the tone for your ceremony. Do you choose a soundtrack or live band? A traditional classic or something unique and unknown? If you have a church ceremony, your options may be more limited, but you've still got plenty of first dance song options.
Music is emotional, personal and can put the most complicated of feelings into words. So to get you inspired, we've curated the ultimate roundup of songs to walk down the aisle to. It includes a real mix of traditional classics, golden oldies, legendary chart toppers and upbeat bangers. Disclaimer: no Wagner's Bridal Chorus to be found in this article. There's a few songs that appear twice, because we just couldn't choose between each version. So, get ready to (very slowly) strut your stuff down the aisle and turn your guests into emotional wrecks.
The best songs to walk down the aisle to.
ACOUSTIC AISLE SONGS
Delicate and playful acoustic songs to walk down the aisle to for a soft, romantic entrance. Everybody say 'aww'.
- La Vie En Rose – Emily Watts
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
- Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want – Clayhill
- Sea Of Love – Cat Power
- Waterloo Sunset (Acoustic) – Blame Jones
- Heartbeats – Jose Gonzales
- Fever To The Form – Nick Mulvey
- Toothpaste Kisses – The Maccabees
- Tap At My Window – Laura Marling
- I Won't Give Up – Jason Mraz
LOTS OF PIANO
The clue is in the name: lots of emotional, soul stirring piano mixed with a few slow and melty songs, plus a few film covers that are surprisingly fitting.
- Can’t Help Falling In Love - Haley Reinhart
- Surrender – Birdy
- This Year’s Love – David Gray
- The Power of Love – Gabrielle Alpin
- Just The Way You Are – The Piano Guys
- Book Of Love - Peter Gabriel
- Light Of Love – Florence + The Machine
- Lord Of The Rings (Fellowship) – The Piano Guys
- Jurassic Park Theme – The Piano Guys
- Samson – Regina Spektor
- Never Say Never – The Fray
- I'm Kissing You – Des'ree
We love a throwback, and no one did romance songs like 1960's America, so there's a few crooners in here. Plus, a couple of alternative classics.
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
- Stand By Me - Ben. E. King
- God Only Knows – The Beach Boys
- Don’t Worry Baby – The Beach Boys
- Try A Little Tenderness – Otis Redding
- You Send Me – Otis Redding
- Girl From The North Country – Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash
- Here You Come Again – Dolly Parton
- All You Need Is Love – The Beatles
- I Get The Sweetest Feeling – Jackie Wilson
For a modern wedding, we think these chart toppers are the best songs to walk down the aisle to. Totally emotional and everyone will have to resist humming along.
- All Of Me – John Legend
- XO – Beyoncé
- How Long Will I Love You? – Ellie Goulding
- Somewhere Only We Know – Lily Allen
- When We Were Young - Adele
- Lay Me Down – Sam Smith & John Legend
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Halo – Beyoncé
- Sweet Disposition – Temper Trap
- Say You Won't Let Go – James Arthur
SONGS FROM TWILIGHT
Hear us out on this one, the Twilight franchise has a pretty epic romantic soundtrack. So much so it deserves its own section.
- Turning Page – Sleeping At Last
- Rosyln – Bon Iver
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Flightless Bird, American Mouth – Iron & Wine
- River Flows In You – Yiruma
- My Love – Sia
ALTERNATIVE AISLE SONGS
For those looking for a song to walk down the aisle to that's a little more B-side than top 40, look no further. Including a couple of funky tunes and forgotten gems.
- Too Much Is Never Enough – Florence + The Machine
- Hoppipolla – Sigur Ros
- Stand By Me – Florence + The Machine
- Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Dream Academy
- Bittersweet Symphony – The Verve
- Lippy Kids – Elbow
- Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
- Linger – The Cranberries
- Sailin’ On – Toots and the Maytals
- Country Road – Toots and the Maytals
CLASSICAL AISLE SONGS
If you want a traditional song to walk down the aisle to, any of these classical melodies will have your guests shedding a few emotional tears.
- I Giorni – Ludovico Einaudi
- The Four Seasons: Spring 1 - Vivaldi, Recomposed by Max Richter
- Canon In D Major - Johann Pachelbel
- No Woman, No Cry (Cello Version) – Sheku Kanneh-Mason
- Salut D’amour – Edward Elgar, Charlie Siem, Paul Goodwin
- Ave Maria - Charles Gounod, Yo-Yo Ma
EPIC EXIT SONGS
Get the party started with one of these uplifting bangers that will have everyone on their feet as you both dance back up the aisle.
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice? – The Beach Boys
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Could You Be Loved – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Groove Is In The Heart – Deee-Lite
- Everywhere – Fleetwood Mac
- Everybody Dance – Chic
- Baba O’Riley – The Who
- Jump In The Line - Harry Belafonte
- Apache (Jump On It) - The Sugarhill Gang
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) – Stevie Wonder
Top tip: when it comes to choosing songs to walk down the aisle to, think of one that means a lot to you both. If you both love a piece of music but it doesn't feel right for your entrance you can always use it for your exit up the aisle together. Ultimately, it's your day, your way. If you want to break dance down the aisle, or have no aisle at all, we're here for it. If you've settling on a live performance for your aisle song, check out our list of Recommended Suppliers to find your perfect musician.