“Myself and Luke cannot thankyou both enough for making our day so perfect. Everything has been amazing since the first day we came and saw you right up until today. The place is beautiful, the food was delicious and all of your staff were amazing which made our day perfect. Today's been emotional as I'm very sad it's all over but honeymoon tomorrow! Thankyou again you really have been amazing!”
Mr & Mrs H – 20th May 2017
“Where do I even begin?! The Great Barn itself is such a magnificent building, so beautiful and is the most perfect wedding venue. My husband and I knew as soon as we walked in that it would be our venue. Briony and her team were impeccable through the whole planning process. They made planning our wedding stress-free! Elliott and I cannot thank you enough for providing us with the perfect wedding day!”
Mr & Mrs C – 2nd April 2016
“We held our Wedding here in May 2016 and it truly was the best day of our lives, held at the BEST venue. From the moment we stepped foot in the barn back in November 2014 we knew that it would create the perfect backdrop to our special day. Throughout the whole planning process Briony was there to offer her help and advice whenever needed. The day before the Wedding we had access to the barn to set up, and again Briony was there to help with those bits that we (I) had forgotten! On the day, everything ran so smoothly under Briony's supervision, and we cannot thank her enough for everything.... even ensuring that a couple of our guests made it home safely that evening!”
Mr & Mrs R – 21st May 2016
- The Grade I Listed Great Barn was used as an agriculture building in living memory, some older wedding guests still remember playing in the straw bales as children.
- The local family, the Johnstons have recently taken on the stewardship of this beautiful historic Tudor country estate, with the idea of continuing to restore the estate to its former glory.
- Hales Hall & The Great Barn is on one of Norfolk’s remaining commons where farmers originating from Hales can graze their cattle during the summer months.
- The Great Barn at Hales Hall is the largest thatched brick barn of its kind in Britain, dating back to the 1470s.
- The modern facilities such as the kitchen are self-contained within the Barn to preserve its original historic features such as the stable boy’s ladder to the hay loft.
- Ceremonies and receptions are lit by 170 candles set in loophole windows of the historic Tudor thatched barn, giving a romantic glow to your wedding ceremony & reception.