The Travelling Hands are the UK’s leading acoustic band, performing fully unplugged roaming sets of classic tracks and modern hits at hundreds of weddings and private parties each year across Europe. With high end clients including Google, British Airways, Formula 1, HSBC, Jaguar Land Rover, Help For Heroes, NHS, WHSmith, Boots, Epson & Kwik Fit to name a few, you can book The Travelling Hands for your wedding with confidence that this band’s solid reputation has come from bringing brilliantly fun live music to every event that they attend.
Combining two acoustic guitars, percussion, saxophone, double bass and a whole lot of harmonies, The Travelling Hands offer a fresh delivery of live music through their arrangements of classic songs and modern hits in a warm, feel-good ‘Mumford & Sons’ meets ‘The Lumineers’ style of performance – perfect for bringing some extra energy to your wedding day. Together, these musicians’ five instruments create the perfect bed for harmonised vocals. If you want the full sound of a complete band, but with a more acoustic delivery or you’re looking for a performance with a twist, then The Travelling Hands are the band for you.
The lads in The Travelling Hands will literally move around your wedding venue and play to the different tables or groups of guests one at at a time – perfect during the wedding breakfast, a drinks reception or even outdoor performances too. The band tailor the songs they play for each specific group that they perform to; making sure everybody gets a personal performance of music that they will enjoy. Your more lively guests may even find themselves handed a shaker or too to join in with the band! The Travelling Hands can enhance your wedding by adding a huge boost of fun into your special day. Having played at hundreds of weddings in the UK and overseas from smaller wedding receptions in private residences to huge celebrations in London’s five star hotels, the aim of The Travelling Hands always remains the same – bring great music and good fun into every performance.
“We wanted to thank you for playing at our wedding on 4th May at Babington House – you guys were amazing! Without doubt, choosing you to play at our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. You delighted our guests with happy, feel good music perfect for the occasion. Starting with ‘Higher and Higher’ in the church, you personally gave us a memory that will last a lifetime. And pretty much every guest we talked to after the wedding – every one of them – mentioned The Travelling Hands as being one of the stand out moments. Thank you so much for adding such a great atmosphere to our wedding reception.”
Matthew, Groom, May 2017
“Thank you for helping to make our wedding so memorable. You guys were just perfect! SO many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the band – so thank you again for being so easy-going, organised, communicative, friendly and accommodating.”
Emedien, Bride, April 2017
“In summary, from start to finish the band were exceptional. Tom as the lead point of contact for the band was superb and we couldn’t have asked for more help in terms of answering questions and supporting our every need. On the day they arrived early and integrated brilliantly into the vibe we were trying to create for the wedding. In terms of sound, songs played and atmosphere, we couldn’t have asked for better. Thank you for helping to make our woodland wedding an amazing day – we would quite happily recommend them many times over to anyone who needs a band for their wedding!”
Vicky & Matt, Bride & Groom, September 2017
Don’t forget to visit The Travelling Hands and the wealth of other talented industry professionals who have been handpicked for The Love Lust List. All have the desire to assist you in creating the day you’ve been dreaming of, so what are you waiting for?
[ezcol_2third id=”” class=”” style=””]
- We recently played a personal performance of ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ to Tyson Fury at a wedding celebration in Claridge’s – He was a total gentlemen and thankfully nobody got knocked out.
- This summer we performed for some of the Google team in London. We thought this would be a great event from which to source a nice quote from a high profile client. We were having too much of a good time to remember this as the night went on however and the best quote we can recall was “Lads, do you know where the toilets are?” – Google.
- In August 2017, we performed for an amazing couple at their wedding in Siena, Italy. They were incredibly generous, made sure we really felt like part of the wedding party, and at one point the bride even held our heads underneath the beer taps to ’top us up’…..Needless to say our memory of the evening is a little hazy but we’ve been rebooked by some of the other wedding guests since, so we’re pretty sure that everyone had a good time! 😉
- At a wedding in 2016, a power cut once hit a wedding venue during the first dance which powered down the DJ’s system mid song. After a quick rush for our instruments, we stepped in to keep the guests entertained and played two songs lit only by mobile lights and a few lighters (including playing Bruce Springsteen’s ‘Dancing In The Dark’ for good measure).
- Every year, we take an important night off when the full Travelling Hands team all get together as a band and watch ‘This is Spinal Tap’. Takeaway, beers, good mates & a classic film – perfect! “But this one goes to 11.”
- We performed in Geneva in 2017 both at Chillon Castle and on a boat over Lake Geneva too. It was a particularly rough windy day and trying to stand up with our instruments has never been so tough. Thankfully we all managed it…..extra points for our double bassist Tom for not going overboard!
[ezcol_1third_end id=”” class=”” style=””]
[ezcol_1third_end id=”” class=”” style=””]
The Travelling Hands
t: 07805 374271
You can find The Travelling Hands in our West London Entertainment category of The Love Lust List.