Finding a wedding florist can be quite the task. There are thousands of them to choose from. But as with most talented creatives, not all are created equal. Florists vary in style, expertise, price point and of course, location. Flowers may also be way high up on your budget priority list or not much of a consideration at all. But like many of your wedding suppliers, we advocate doing your research and finding a florist that not only jives with your vision for your day, but also ticks all of your required boxes. And in case you’re unsure of what those boxes should be, we’ve created a list of questions for your wedding florist to help you along.
QUESTIONS FOR YOUR WEDDING FLORIST
The following questions are entirely dependent on which type of wedding flowers you would like to have, so feel free to cherry pick those that suit your own situation.
- Are you available on my wedding date? (This may seem obvious, but it’s important to find this out before booking a consultation.)
- Will you have any other weddings on the same day?
- Will you personally be making up and delivering my florals or will it be a member of your team?
- Do you deliver bouquets/buttonholes or do we need to collect from you on the morning of the wedding?
- Do you set out all the flowers at the ceremony and reception venue yourself or will this be left to the venue staff?
- When do I need to make final flower choices?
- Based on my ideas and venue, what arrangements do you suggest would work well?
- Which flowers would you suggest I choose based on my preferred colours, style and season?
- Can you show me examples of your floral creations similar to my proposed style?
- Have you worked at the ceremony/reception venue before? If not, would you visit the venue beforehand with us?
- Can you work within my budget? Are you able to suggest alternatives that are perhaps better value but equally as beautiful?
- Do you have a minimum budget that we have to spend, and does this include hiring vases, candleholders and other props?
- Do you offer wedding packages or is everything completely bespoke and tailor-made for each wedding?
- How do I secure your services for my wedding day? What deposit is needed?
- Will you provide an itemised proposal and quote with everything we have discussed?
- Will the delivery charges, travel, set-up and break-down charges be included in your quote?
- If I want you and your team to stay on site and move arrangements after the ceremony are you able to offer this service, and how much would this cost?
- When is the final payment due?
How To Find a Wedding Florist
If you liked these questions, you’ll be pleased to know that there are tons of other question guides like it in the Rock My Wedding book. You’ll also be pleased to know that we’ve done the leg work for you when it comes to finding an excellent florist for your big day. Visit The List for an already narrowed down list of all of our favourite UK florists. Each perfectly poised to make your floral vision come to life. Just choose your location and boom… There’s your shortlist and you can start putting these questions to use.