If you’ve read our post, 10 Tips For Choosing Your Perfect Wedding Photographer. then you will be well on your way to whittling down suppliers for your wedding photography. You may have one in mind or maybe you want to meet up with a couple before you make your final decision. Go ahead and ask them these really helpful questions to make sure you book the one that best suits your needs. You’re welcome 🙂
QUESTIONS FOR YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
Drop them on an email or take these along to your consultation.
- Between what hours will you be available to photograph our wedding?
- If we want you to be there longer than your standard hours – how much is that?
- Do you charge for travel expenses?
- How many images do you get and in what format can they be supplied?
- How much are extra images?
- Will their be a second shooter? And if so is that an extra cost?
- Do you offer an engagement shoot as part of the package or is that additional cost?
- Are you fully insured? And what does this cover
- Can you recommend a videographer?
- How is best to prep you for what photos you want including?
- What part of the day will be best for us to have some couples portraits?
- Do you know our venue?
- How long after the wedding will it be until we see our photos and where does that happen? At your studio or are we sent them online?
- Do you have online galleries for us and family to choose from?
- Can we get high res images that we can print ourselves and is this part of your package or an extra cost?
- If we use your print option, how long after selection should we expect to receive an album. How much does an album cost?
- Can friends and family purchase their own prints?
How To Find a Wedding Photographer
Now you’ve asked all the important questions you should be able to make your final decision. If you’d like to find out more about being a wedding photographer and shooting a day from their perspective you can listen to this episode of the podcast where we interview super talented wedding photography Anna of We Are The Clarkes and grill her about all aspects of her job and most importantly, how you can get the best from your wedding photographer.
If you want to know where you can actually source one of these incredibly talented, quality photographers… And in your area, then you’re in luck. We’ve got a very selective wedding directory called The List that only hosts the best photographers who fall into in a wide range of budgets. Your search has ended and you on your way to finally ticking another thing of that wedding planning list.