Who doesn’t enjoy some floral pretty on a Monday lunchtime?! We don’t like to disappoint, so today we’re letting you in on a little secret, a secret by the name of Issy & Bella Floral Design. A brand new addition to our supplier directory which is packed full of stonkingly good wedding suppliers, it’s not taken us long to fall under the Issy & Bella spell. It’s impossible to resist floral designer Jo’s beautiful creations, but we’re particularly taken with the fact the family farm provides the patch on which most flowers used within Jo’s designs are grown. That’s a bit special isn’t it? Should we also discuss the foliage? GORGEOUS.
Issy and Bella was created over a gin and tonic. The name is a mash up of creative flower designer Jo’s middle name, and her mothers first name; Isabel. Joyce is the talented flower farmer, responsible for growing a lot of the flowers, herbs, grasses and foliage used within Issy & Bella’s floral designs, and they are based in rural Herefordshire on their family farm. Their floral style is very English country; with favourites being natural, seasonal, country garden flowers… think peonies, cherry blossom, sweet scented sweet peas, big dinner plate dahlias and gorgeous heady roses.
Issy & Bella are massive fans of foliage, the more wild the better. They believe that wonky stemmed grasses and seed heads bring personality to your wedding flowers, and they also adore working with succulents and more unusual flowers.
Not content with just creating stunning floral designs for weddings, their little studio also hosts flower crown parties for hens, complete with nibbles and a glass of bubbly.
Jo: Weddings are truly our thing, I’m obsessed my them! I put my heart and soul into each and every wedding, from the first time we meet, right up until our last hug as you take the aisle, your day is my day. I want my couples to enjoy planning their wedding with me, it is a wonderful time so my aim is to make the journey from choosing your flowers to your big day the most happy and memorable time. I pride myself on bring friendly, approachable, super patient and someone to laugh and cry happy tears with on your special day.
Each and every wedding is different, I’ve worked with everything from classic peonies and roses, English garden themes, foliage with no flowers, wild flowers and super tropical flowers. Weddings inspired by pink flamingos, super heroes, Lego men, stag horns, pheasant feathers, fairgrounds, festival and tattoos! I love designing them all and I truly believe I have the best job in the world.
“ Jo is the best florist! I knew from the moment she delivered the flowers to one of my friends weddings last year that she was the florist for me! When we met it felt like she already knew what I wanted, my mind changed a few times, but my overall ideas were still the same, I had this imagine in my head and when I saw my bouquet for the first time it exceeded all expectations.. That memory will stay with me forever. So friendly, professional and incredibly talented. Thank you so so much.”
Sophie & Adam – Married at Curradine Barns
“ What can I say – from first contact right up until our wedding day and beyond I’ve been nothing but impressed with the enthusiasm, knowledge and support from Jo in arranging bouquets, buttonholes, door wreaths, table decorations and more! The finished products were all simply stunning and contributed so much to what was wonderful day for us both. Thank you so much!”
Laura & Mike – Married at Lemore Manor
“ The most amazing florist!! I couldn’t have been happier with my wedding flowers. The bouquets, buttonholes, flower wands, floral crowns and especially the wild sunflower arch in church were mind blowing. I want to keep them all forever! Jo saw my vision and totally delivered, even though some of the flowers I wanted weren’t in season! She’s also super friendly and replies to messages very quickly. Couldn’t recommend more. Thank you!!!”
Louise & Ryan – Married at How Caple Court
Don’t forget to visit Issy & Bella Floral Design and the wealth of other talented industry professionals who have been handpicked for The Love Lust List. All have the desire to assist you in creating the day you’ve been dreaming of, so what are you waiting for?
- I have been working with flowers since I was 13 years old, starting off by competing in young farmers.
- My favourite flower is ammi, which is very much like cow parsley that grows on the road side in early spring. I love the natural wild look it brings to bouquets and arrangements.
- I have a spaniel call Willow (named after my favourite tree) is is an absolute babe of a pooch, she is the best flowery assistant. She comes with me to decorate churches and venues and can always been found in the van. She will do anything for a tummy tickle.
- I have a love of the great outdoors and holidaying in far out places off grid, tree houses, huts, tiny cottages in the depths of the Welsh and Scottish countryside. At these times I really draw on its inspiration.
- Gin is my other love, who doesn’t like a gin?! My favourite tipple is mixed with rose lemonade or touch of rose water. Another obsession of mine is the smell and taste of rose. Rose jam on warm toast is heaven on earth.
- I have a real passion for flower crowns! I love them and am guilty of trying to persuade every bride to have one. They are fun, show your personality, make you smile and if you can’t wear a flower crown on your wedding day then when can you?! They are epic!!