You may not be able to go cake tasting or dress shopping during the current lockdown. But if planning your wedding is still on your mind (and you're not too concerned about how COVID-19 impacts your wedding), then we've rounded up some fun wedding ideas that you can try from the comfort of your own home. Obviously, some of us are juggling working from home, possibly kids and/or are incredibly busy keyworkers. But there's no denying that with the lack of entertainment, shopping and socialising on our calendars, we'll all have at least a bit of time to kill at home. So why not make it productive and either learn a new skill or complete some of your wedding checklists with a few of our wedding prep ideas.
Natasha from Away With Words has created calligraphy beginner workbooks and starter packs that are available from Monday 6th April. Considering DIY-ing your invitations? Or even if you've invested in a beautiful bespoke set, you may want to try your hand at this to get those envelope addresses looking just as beautiful as what's inside. The super talented Sarah from Leafy Couture has created Online Flower School offering floristry video tutorials and resources. You could bulk buy in some mini drinks bottles and get to making your own flavoured gin favours (say that ten times fast). We've found beautiful and easy gin recipes here and another homemade gin recipe here, no still required. Use your time at home to brush up on your dancing skills together. First Dance London are now offering online dance lessons with a professional teacher via Skype. Fancy personalising your vows to really fit you and your relationship? Now is a good a time as ever to mull those over. You might find this post helpful.
- Wedding Guest Book Alternative DIY - a little something extra for you (to keep) and your guests (to do).
- Make Your Own Cathedral Veil (one of our most popular tutorials).
- Make a DIY Doughnut Wall - No drilling or screws required.
- Fancy making your own naked wedding cake? Well, we have a recipe and all the decoration ideas. Also, you should practise this a lot, because although it's fairly easy, you need cake.
- You could make the basis of this DIY Hula Hoop Table Plan and just leave the table cards to be filled in closer to the day.
- Another of our most popular DIYs, and for good reason, it's cheap and looks great, this Wooden Pallet Wedding Sign.
- If you were thinking on saving pennies and using dried or faux flowers for your bridesmaids then you could make these DIY Hoop Bouquets ahead of time. With good quality fake flowers, they could also double as a beautiful piece of wall decor for your girls once the day is over.
- This Confetti Cone Station is a great make-ahead decor piece you can get to now!
- If flower crowns for your bridesmaids are on your must-have list, then this tutorial is another excellent one to make ahead with faux flowers.